Terms And Conditions Of Purchase Of The Fashion Startup Academy® 12 week programme
Provider: Michelle Ramsay Design Limited – The Fashion Expert® Registered In England Number 11252084, Registered company address 10 Stadium Court, Stadium Road, Wirral, Bromborough, CH62 3RP
Client: online purchaser
The terms and conditions set out below apply to your purchase of the self-study programme, “The Fashion Startup Academy® 12 Week Course” offered by The Fashion Expert® - Michelle Ramsay Design Limited. Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law and set out the terms under which Michelle Ramsay Design Limited provides services to you, as purchaser of the Fashion Startup Academy® 12 Week Course. These terms are subject to any rights you have under consumer law to which we are bound to and which cannot be waived.
Fashion Startup Academy 12 Week Course is a self-study course which covers the main stages a startup needs to know to launch a fashion brand.
Following the successful purchase of the course, you will receive access to 12 modules containing multiple videos and PDF downloadable workbooks.
You will then have the opportunity to work through the course material in your own time. The course provides information and strategies to help you understand the launch of a fashion brand.
This is a personal course for you to complete entirely at your own speed. For best results, it is recommended that you undertake each module separately and allow for a short period of reflection in between each module IE. 1 module per week.
Whilst all those who have taken the course to date have achieved the desired results, it is not possible to provide any guarantees that you will experience any specific results. Failure to complete the self-study materials will limit your ability to benefit from the information provided and will significantly limit any results. For best results, it is important that you complete the self-study materials between sessions. Failure to complete the self-study materials may limit your ability to appreciate and learn from the preceding or following week’s session.
The course is not bespoke and includes general advice in the form of videos and workbooks. You can use the 15 minute 1:1 sessions to ask any specific information about each module and discuss the relevance to your brand. These 1:1 sessions are bespoke to you. Should you feel that you need additional support, such as longer 1:1 sessions or support, that can be provided separately at an additional cost.
It is not intended that you will finish the course with a complete fashion brand, but rather the understanding of the main stages involved in launching a brand. The Fashion Startup Academy provides strategies and methods to help you understand the main stages involved in launching a fashion brand. It is your individual responsibility to apply what is shared and taught in the course to your personal circumstances both during the course and afterwards. Each individual is unique and their starting position and commitment to the course is unique to them. The aim is that following completion of the course you will have new information, strategies and techniques and have an understanding of what is required when launching a fashion brand.
Please be aware that the course is delivered entirely in English and no translations are provided for videos or text.
1. Programme education and information is intended for an audience new to the fashion industry with no or very limited previous knowledge of the fashion industry.
2. Content is centred around 1) Planning – customer/ brand/ product 2) Design of a commercial collection 3) Manufacturing/ sourcing and launching
3. All materials, procedures, policies, standards, manuals, teaching aids, and other similar tools that have been, or will be, made available by Michelle Ramsay Design Limited or it’s designated facilitators, or any other source, oral or written, are for individual use in or in conjunction with this training Programme only.
4. Programme content is for individual use only, and may not be sold, tape recorded, videotaped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of Michelle Ramsay Design Limited, or its designated agent.
5. The information contained in Programme material is strictly for educational purposes.
6. Success with this Programme is largely driven by your willingness to take actions as recommended by Michelle Ramsay Design Limited, as it relates to the content of the Programme.
7. If you wish to apply (or not apply) ideas, concepts, teachings, etc. contained in this material, you are taking full responsibility for your actions and furthermore you agree that your success with the Programme is dependent on your willingness to follow the steps outlined by Michelle Ramsay Design Limited
8. Michelle Ramsay Design Limited assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any Programme materials
The cost of the programme is £1500.00 This is a one-off payment or 3 x £525 which you freely chose at checkout, and all purchases are final. (Please see below for details about refunds).
1. You hereby authorise Michelle Ramsay Design Limited to collect the Programme cost outlined above through a single transaction or 3 x transactions as chosen by you.
2. Payments are due in full on the due date a. If payment fails, the Client must remedy this situation and provide a valid form of payment within seven (7) calendar days or the Client may be removed from the Programme.
3. Payments may be made via credit or debit card, BACS, wire transfer, or through Stripe
4. Excluding the 7 day “cooling off period” - No payments will be refunded at any time for any reason. You must not have studied more than 2 modules in this cooling off period to qualify. Refunds will not be given where more than 2 modules have been accessed.
5. For all credit or debit card payments:
a. You hereby consent to having these charges automatically charged to your credit or debit card on the due date
b. Michelle Ramsay Design Limited is authorised to collect the payment due (in full) by collecting on any/all credit or debit cards that are provided to Michelle Ramsay Design Limited by the client
c. The client may determine which payment method is preferred and the client is responsible for informing Michelle Ramsay Design Limited of this preference at least two (2) business days prior to the payment due date since Michelle Ramsay Design Limited’s payment system may automatically charge one of the cards on file that may not be the client’s preferred payment method
Terms of Sale
1. You hereby agree that all Programme sales are final, non-refundable, and non-transferrable
2. You agree to make all payments on time and in full as outlined in the payment terms
3. You agree that all payments must be made on time as outlined in the payment terms and if payments are not made on time, Michelle Ramsay Design Limited reserves the right to remove you from the Programme
4. You agree that you have fully consented to any payment to Michelle Ramsay Design Limited and that any/all payments are valid and that you have consented to the purchase of the Programme as outlined in the payment terms
5. You agree to waive any/all rights to charge-back, dispute, or make claims (“disputes”) against any payment made to Michelle Ramsay Design Limited as being fraudulent, purchased in error, services not delivered to you, product not received, or any other dispute which claims that any payment is unlawful
6. You agree to not initiate any disputes or claims through your credit card company, bank, lending institution, or any other payment provider since you have fully consented to all charges outlined in the payment terms and thus you agree that you may not dispute any payments made to Michelle Ramsay Design Limited for the Programme
The aim for this course is that you should be able to access the course material with ease. Should you require any technical support in respect of your PDF download or accessing the pre-recorded videos then we are happy to help you to get up and running. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a reply between Monday to Thursday from 9am until 5pm or Friday from 9am until 3pm. We aim to respond to you within twenty-four hours if you email during those hours.
Once you have finished going through the course material you may wish to work with me further. I am a fashion designer and consultant who works with people new to the fashion industry. If you would be interested in hearing how we can work together further then get in touch email email@example.com
Please be aware that additional charges will apply to any further 1:1 mentoring or design services provided.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Your privacy and protection of your personal data is important to us. We will keep your personal data confidential and will never share it with unconnected third parties. Your payment information will be processed by a secure third-party processor. We will be provided with your email address and name but never be provided with your financial information.
Right to Use Name & Likeness
1. You hereby consent to the use of your name, photograph, likeness, voice, testimonial and biographical material, in whole or in part, for publication or reproduction in any medium, including but not limited to television, radio, print media and the internet, among others, for any purpose, including but not limited to public relations, education, advertising, marketing, training and research
2. Your consent is granted to Michelle Ramsay Design Limited and extends to such use without restriction or limitation as to time or geographic boundary
3. You hereby waive all rights you may have to any claims or demands for payment or royalties in connection with the use of any of such materials, regardless of the purpose of such use or publication, and regardless of whether a fee is charged or collected by Michelle Ramsay Design Limited for any product and/or service in connection with such use and publication
4. You retain the right to inspect, review or approve any photograph, recording, or other written material at any time, and retain the right to approve the use and medium of publication determined by Michelle Ramsay Design Limited
5. You understand that Michelle Ramsay Design Limited owns all rights in and to any such photograph, recording or testimonial, including any copyright and/or trademark relating to such use
Refunds and Cancellation
As you are purchasing digital content which includes data that is produced and supplied in digital form you are only entitled to a refund in limited circumstances. In purchasing the course you are waiving your rights to a refund unless the statutory circumstances for refunds are met. You must not have studied more than 2 modules in the 7 day cooling off period to qualify. Refunds will not be given where more than 2 modules have been accessed.
Should you consider that any digital download is faulty for any reason then please confirm so immediately and a further copy will be provided. Should you have any concerns or questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be provided with course materials. At all times, even following purchase, the intellectual property rights and copyright connected with those materials remain with Michelle Ramsay Design Limited. You have the right to use the materials as learning tools but you are not permitted to duplicate, imitate or provide copies to third parties whether for free or as part of a sale.
Feedback and Complaints
If you have any feedback about the course please do share it with us. It is always great to receive words of praise and also helpful to get constructive comments. We really hope that you love this course as much as we do but if you would like to make a complaint this should be made to made in writing to email@example.com
Throughout the programme Michelle will be available by email Monday to Thursday from 9am until 5pm or Friday from 9am until 3pm. Michelle will respond as soon as possible and within 48 hours during the hours stated.
We intend to rely on the written terms set out in these terms and conditions in respect of the course delivered to you. These written terms shall constitute the entire agreement between us.
If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any such modification or deletion shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England & Wales. The Courts of England & Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter and proceedings arising out of your purchase of the course.
Additional Programme Terms
The Fashion Startup Academy® Programme Outline
The Fashion Startup Academy®coaching programme is an 12-week online programme which provides support and education around launching a fashion brand.
Throughout the 12-week programme you will learn how to start a fashion brand.
There are six elements to the programme:
One-to-one mentoring session (via Zoom)
Email support for quick questions (max 15 minutes per week)
Private Facebook group
Manufacturing Database – Available from week 8
Manufacturing E-book – Avalaible at week 12
There were will be weekly course materials provided for self-study. The materials will be provided to you on the members area of the website www.thefashionexpert.com. For best results it is important that you complete the self-study materials between sessions. Failure to complete the self-study materials may limit your ability to appreciate and learn from the preceding or following week’s session.
121 sessions will be led exclusively by Michelle Ramsay, qualified Fashion Designer & Consultant.
The 121 sessions will be limited to one student (or business partnership) at any one time.
121 sessions will take place weekly for 30 minutes online via Zoom calls. The student will be able to schedule and rearrange a time from the mentoring calendar and will be expected to turn up on time to each session. Failure to show up to mentoring slots will result in forfeiting the 121 time. No shows will not be rescheduled and if the student is late then the student forfeits the time missed from the 30 minute session.
During each 121 session, there will be a previous lesson debrief as well as an opportunity to ask questions and seek guidance on the previous module. It is the student’s responsibility to use this time wisely.
You will be entitled to 30-minutes email support with Michelle Ramsay across the 12-week programme. The purpose of the email is for Michelle Ramsay to provide support at a time when you may feel you need it most. These emails are for SOS quick fire questions when you are really struggling and can’t wait until the next 121 session. Michelle Ramsay will make every effort to respond to you as soon as possible and aims to respond within 24 hours.
Should you wish to have more support, you can request this at an additional charge. Please email Michelle Ramsay on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange additional calls.
At no time should you delay seeking professional, financial, legal or medical help if you require immediate assistance. Whilst the emails and mentoring are intended to offer additional support Michelle Ramsay Design Limited does not provide a 24hr support helpline.
Private Facebook Group
You will have access to a private Facebook group to support you during the programme. The intention of the Facebook group is to provide a community support network and enhance the programme experience.
From time to time Michelle Ramsay may post and offer support but there is no guarantee that posts will be responded to or a Facebook mailbox monitored. The substantive method of communication will be via email and the substantive mentoring will take place on the weekly Zoom calls.
Michelle Ramsay Design Limited do not run or own the Facebook group and make no guarantees that the Facebook group will be available at any specific time.
You will have access to a database of manufacturers from a variety of locations worldwide. The intention of the manufacturing database is to provide a reference point for exploration and to enhance the programme experience. The manufacturers have stated in their promotional material that they welcome orders of less that 500 pieces per colour per style. It is the student’s responsibility to explore these manufacturers further and carry out due diligence prior to making any business transaction with said parties.
Michelle Ramsay Design Limited holds no working relationship with these manufacturers and the information is to be used as guidance only. The client shall indemnify Michelle Ramsay Design Limited against any such action, proceeding, claim, demands or costs that result in working with any manufacturer in the database. Michelle Ramsay Design Limited shall not be held liable for any claims, losses or costs associated with the Client’s business based upon guidance given in this database.
Although Michelle Ramsay Design Limited has made every effort to ensure that the information in the database was correct at press time, Michelle Ramsay Design Limited does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause.
You will have access to an E-book “Startup’s Guide To Manufacture”. Although Michelle Ramsay Design Limited has made every effort to ensure that the information in the E-book was correct at press time, Michelle Ramsay Design Limited does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause.
It is requested that at all times your behaviour towards others is polite and respectful. Michelle Ramsay Design Limited will not be held responsible for the behaviour or actions of any other course participant. Should your behaviour be deemed offensive or inappropriate Michelle Ramsay Design Limited reserves the right to remove you from the programme with immediate effect.
Michelle Ramsay Design Limited may, at its sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate your participation in any of its programmes, live, recorded, social media-based or digital without refund or forgiveness of remaining payments due if you:
1. Become disruptive or difficult to work with
2. Fail to follow the Programme guidelines
3. Impair the participation of our employees, contractors, clients, instructors or participants in any of our programmes
It is the intention that the Fashion Startup Academy® course will run for 12 weeks consecutively. Should an unforeseen reason arise which causes the student to postpone the study of the course they will have access to the program for a one-year period from the start of the course. All 121 sessions must take place in a one-year period from the start of the course.
I have read and understood the above terms and conditions and agree to them.
By purchasing the programme online you are confirming your agreement.